środa, 21 maja 2008

Pretty and Feminine Tag

Below is my entry for the Weekend Taggers challenge – the theme was “pretty and feminine”.
My tag is double-sided (actually, two standard manila tags from an office store glued together) since I’m going to use it as a bookmark. Apart from some feminine accents, I tried to incorporate some up-cycling as well: the purple background is a wrapping tissue they use at Hobby Lobby, the green background is a tissue from a cosmetic product packaging, and the Asian woman was stamped on a piece of a manila folder. The white flowers are punched out from a fragrance insert in "Glamour".


Oto co wytworzyłam na wyzwanie z bloga Weekend Taggers. Miało być kobieco i ładnie.
Tag jest dwustronny, gdyż będzie używany jako zakładka. Oprócz akcentów kobieco-ładnych chciałam też wykorzystać nieco up-cyklingu. Fioletowe tło to papier, w jaki pakują zakupy w kraftowym sklepie Hobby Lobby, zielone tło – bibułka z opakowania kosmetyku, Japonka wypieczątkowana została na kawałku „maniliowego” kartonu ze zużytych biurowych okładek, a kwiatki zrobione są z reklamy perfum w „Glamourze”.

4 komentarze:

Anne pisze...

This is amazing! I thought it was two separate tags! I love the fact that this has a practical use for you - it's a great idea to have it as a bookmark. Both sides are so very different and both so beautiful. I love your colours and the lace trimmings. Thank You so much for playing along with our theme - your work is all very pretty! ;o) xx

Femmy pisze...

beautiful tag!!!

Sam pisze...

Wow! Love how both sides are so different yet both SO pretty! Great idea to use as a bookmark, love your designs and use of colour ... fabulous tag! Thanks so much for taking part, new challenge tomorrow :)

kasia | szkieuka pisze...

thank you, Ladies, for your kind words - the theme was very attractive to me, as I love lace, flowers and feminine accents almost excessively :) I hope I'll have time to participate in more challenges.
Femmy - I love the items on your blog, especially the map entry for the mexed media challenge!