czwartek, 15 marca 2012

jewels for the Oscars


Guest written by our friend Mason Abbott
I was watching E! on Direct TV this week. Of course, they were highlighting Oscar fashion. I was surprised how many of the actresses had dresses made just for them, one of a kind. What really surprised me was the estimate of how much the jewels the celebrities were wearing cost. Penelope Cruzhad on a necklace that was made of fifty-six carats of diamonds! I know that celebrities borrow pretty much all of the jewelry that they wear, but I still can’t imagine that jewelers make jewelry that expensive. I mean who is in the market for a one million dollar necklace? I guess that you have to be super super rich. I just can’t imagine wearing a necklace that could buy five houses! Honestly, I would probably be way too frightened to wear it anywhere. Someone could easily knock you down and take the jewelry off of your neck. I’m sure that the pieces are insured, but I think that I would be touching my neck the entire night to just make sure that the necklace was still there!

Brak komentarzy: