środa, 24 czerwca 2009

Shop-and-Save Opportunity

There is this web site that apparently crawls through the World Wide Web and looks for all sorts of items on sale.

The area I checked out was the summer, outdoor/garden stuff. The first thing that I saw and liked a lot was the categories – you can easily see stuff for the different regions of the US, and then Supplies, Equipment and Accessories. Each category is illustrated with a little image, which makes it much easier on the eyes than lines upon lines of text. Ah, and did I mention that the layout is nice and clean, with google-like white background? (When the designers at work were telling me that white is the way to go for backgrounds, I was hesitant – now I am becoming more and more a fan of it.)

I looked at the page with hammocks – ah, the memories! My mind went back to Belize, where we stayed at an old guest house right by the Caribbean, and there were a couple hammocks on the veranda. It turned out that getting in and ESPECIALLY out may be a little tricky :D But it was fun.

We don’t have a garden now, just a balcony, but if we did… I could definitely get a bunch of stuff like some gardening tools, or some outdoor furniture… and who knows, maybe even a grill! One day in the future, when we retire, we could get alittle tiny house somewhere in a nice, green area, where I could spend my days crafting and digging in the dirt. Yeah!

I must admit, though, that despite the awesomeness of this tool, there are a couple things that could perhaps be improved. The color slider, where you can search by color, is great: if I would like to buy brown chairs or a red hammock, I don’t have to sift through gazillions of different colors. However, the price slider starts at the range $0-$2400, and the lowest range it allows for is $0-$186, which in the case of cheaper items (like small garden tools, for instance) is not very helpful :(.

Brak komentarzy: