niedziela, 21 czerwca 2009

car talk

Sometimes I look at this car web site and peruse a few vehicles... not that we are thinking about changing very soon, but it's always fun to look up some new inventions. I am perfectly happy with my little orange cobalt, although I had to take it in on account of some strange clung-clung noises in the front section, and it turned out that those were some faulty parts that were fixed free of charge (gotta love those warranties!) The husband's impala is much older and it has 140 000 miles; in fact, it conked out last week and they had to put in some new part as well.

So I was looking at the 2009 chevy impala, as it is quite likely that at some point we will get one, or similar. My husband has been driving impalas for many years, always buying them used and always very happy. They have a giant trunk suitable for his construction equipment, and are quite sturdy, too.

Ah, the places we have taken our impalas to! A deep, deep canyon in the Utah desert, where they recommended 4-wheel-drives, and she handled it perfectly; Rocky Mountains, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Yellowstone, Nevada, Canada, New Orleans, Smoky Mountains...even during lengthy trips as a 4-adult family we were perfectly fine comfort- and space-wise. A wonderful car, that's what I can say.

Sometimes I am tempted to get something like this audi r8 - the cobalt is a little in this direction, like a cheap, downgraded version :) Like I said, I enjoy it greatly and I hope with good care (timely oil changes etc.) and not much driving in general, the cobalt will be a member of our family for many, many years.

And when we get older, like retirement-age older, perhaps we'll get ourselves a big boaty car, like one of the chrysler cars, or perhaps a buick... Who knows what cars will be around then, and, being a woman, I am in fact more concerned with the color, than the make. My dream is a pearly-white car, or some other white/off-white shininess. There is this lexus parked at our condo section, and it has this dreamy, ethereal bluish shine on its white exterior.... something like that would be perfect!

Brak komentarzy: